When we give more focus to what we want, we increase our chances of reaching the outcomes we want.
To give more focus to something means placing more attention and directing more energy to a specific task or outcome.
Those who can focus better will be able to achieve what they want a lot easier and faster.
Things You Can Expect When You Give More Focus to Your Success
As we give more attention and energy to the success we want, things we can expect include:
- Greater clarity on what actions we need to take.
- Attract resources that will help achieve what we want.
- Increase our level of self-confidence.
- Generate higher levels of motivation.
- Be inspired to set bigger goals.
If we want more success in the future, we have to pay more attention to what we’re doing today.
A great way to set ourselves up to win every day is by giving more attention to our morning motivation.
The way we start off our mornings is an indication of our attitude towards life.
What Can Morning Motivation Do?
There are many reasons why it’s valuable to focus on our morning motivation. These include:
- It will get us enthused or excited about our day.
- It will put us in a healthy frame of mind.
- It will help us focus on our overall well-being.
- It can help lock in new habits or behaviours we want to develop.
- It will give us clarity on how we want to feel and what we want to accomplish that day.
- It will help us stay more focused and be more productive.
- It will help accelerate our progress and reach our goals quicker.
By dedicating time to boost our morning motivation, it will show up as better results and a better quality life.
One of the best gifts we can give ourselves is to focus on our personal development.
Personal development is often considered a lifelong process and journey. It’s the pursuit of becoming our best selves, by expanding our self-awareness and striving to reach our full potential.
By focusing on our personal development, we aim to become everything we’re capable of becoming.
The idea of focusing on personal development isn’t something that would normally come up in everyday conversations. When things aren’t going as expected or as planned, that’s when people tend to focus on their personal development.
Signs You Need to Focus on Your Personal Development
If we’re honest with ourselves, we’ll know when things aren’t going well in our lives. Some of the signs include:
- We feel like we’re drifting through life and just going through the motions.
- We know something is missing, but cannot clearly articulate what it is.
- We’re distracted, unfocused and not fully engaged in what we’re doing and how we’re living our lives.
- We’re feel like we’ve “lost ourselves” and what it means to be us or what it means to be happy.
- We’re unclear on what we want to or should do in our lives, which generates emotions of sadness or resignation.
As we focus on our personal development journey, we’ll discover things about ourselves that will support us in creating the life we want.
In a world of constant interruptions and distractions, knowing how to be more present can be a distinct advantage.
The late Dr. Wayne Dyer, had a powerful quote on being more present; “Our present moment is a mystery that we are part of. Here and now is where all the wonder of life lies hidden. And make no mistake about it, to strive to live completely in the present is to strive for what already is the case.”
What Does it Mean to Be More Present?
Being present can mean different things to people. One definition is it’s our ability to fully experience each moment, without thinking about the past or the future.
The reality is we can only ever experience the present moment. The past is over and the future is not here yet. We tend to bring the past into the present moment, which will also impact the future we’ll create.
Learning to be more present will allow us to fully experience the only thing we’ll ever have, which is “Now.”
Signs That Indicate You Are Not Always Present
Here are some signs that indicate you may not fully be present in your life.
- You’re always thinking or worried about what will happen in the future.
- You don’t listen attentively during conversations.
- You feel disconnected from people.
- You’re constantly checking into what’s happening in the world via your devices.
- You keep telling yourself you don’t have enough time.
The more present we are, the better we’ll be able to fully experience what is happening in that moment.
Our mental strength is a key component that affects our attitude and overall health and well-being.
As our mental strength improves, we’ll be able to better use our minds to create the outcomes we want.
What is Mental Strength?
Mental strength is our capacity to handle stress, pressure or challenges in a way that’s congruent with who we are. No matter what’s happening around us, we’ll be able to deal and overcome any situation in life.
The better our mental strength, the better mental health and wellness we’ll have.
Why is Mental Strength Important?
Mental strength is important because:
- It will affect our outlook on life.
- It will affect our mood.
- It will affect our ability to take risks.
- It will determine our behaviours and actions.
- It will affect the type of results we create.
Being mentally strong is a benefit because unexpected things can and will happen in life. Instead of being affected in a detrimental way, our mental strength will give us the confidence to overcome our challenges.
Being in a bad funk is not a pleasant experience, nor is it something we want to deal with often.
Whenever we find ourselves going through a bad funk, it can affect us mentally, emotionally and physically.
What is a Bad Funk?
Being in a bad funk is a state in which we feel flat, empty, unmotivated or caring little about anything. Interestingly, people can find themselves in a funk after achieving a goal, whether it’s big or small.
When we’re in a funk, we often don’t feel like our normal selves.
Signs of a Bad Funk
Apart from having low motivation, other signs of being in a bad funk include:
- Not having a lot of energy.
- Finding it hard to get out of bed.
- Not being as productive as usual.
- Don’t have passion or desire to do anything.
- Unable to get into any type of flow.
- Starting to question things about life.
- Feeling irritable or agitated by little things.
- Feeling tired for no apparent reason.
We’ve all experienced this at some point in our lives. Funks are unavoidable, therefore it’s valuable to know what can be done to get ourselves out of it.
Having good listening skills is essential if we want to be a better communicator and have more influence with others.
As listening is a key component of effectively relating to others, knowing what we can do to improve is extremely beneficial.
If we observe most people during conversations, they’re not actively listening to what another person is saying. It’s been said that instead of listening attentively, most people are thinking of what to say next. This means it can be easy to miss something that has been said or even misunderstand someone.
The Advantages of Having Better Listening Skills
- It will improve relationships and build friendships.
- It will facilitate better understanding and agreement.
- It will avoid conflicts.
- It will solve problems faster.
- It will reduce errors and time wasted.
Poor communication skills has been known to cost people money, friendships, personal or professional relationships, and careers. Focusing on developing good listening skills is one way to start becoming a better communicator.
Having a bedtime routine is necessary if we want to get better quality sleep consistently and be more alert daily.
Whenever our sleep is compromised, it affects our rhythm, mood and how effective we are. Getting an adequate amount of sleep is vital for our productivity, focus and our ability to get things done.
A bedtime routine will help us get the quality of sleep we need each night to be at our best.
The Benefits of a Bedtime Routine
Like any other routine, a bedtime routine will bring consistency to what we do to get ourselves ready for bed. Some of the benefits include:
- We’ll fall asleep quicker.
- We’ll stay asleep longer.
- We’ll have lower levels of stress.
- We’ll be more focused and productive.
- We’ll feel calmer, relaxed and happier.
By paying more attention to the things we do before bed, we can easily create an effective bedtime routine.
Knowing certain releasing techniques can be a way to relieve stress or worry quickly, in any given moment.
Stress is a part of our everyday lives, therefore it’s highly beneficial to know how to manage it better.
The Costs of Not Releasing Stress
If we continue to go through our day feeling stressed, it will affect our mental and emotional states. Other costs include:
- Not concentrating well.
- Not completing tasks or activities on time.
- Not being in a pleasant mood.
- Feeling discomfort or pain in our bodies.
The Benefits of Using Releasing Techniques
The premise behind using releasing techniques is that we have a natural ability to let go of emotions not supporting our highest self.
As joy, peace and calmness is our natural state, releasing techniques helps us return to that state much quicker.
When we start using releasing techniques, we will:
- Start feeling relaxed a lot quicker.
- Not continue to internalise negative emotions.
- Be able to concentrate better.
- Get things done without tension or stress.
Knowing different releasing techniques will help us let go of what’s standing between us and how we want to feel.
Just like you may upgrade your computer or phone, it’s also helpful to upgrade your thinking consistently.
It’s common for people to upgrade to a newer model car, software program or any other material thing. Saying to someone, “You have to upgrade your thinking,” is not very common and can be met with resistance.
What Does Upgrade Your Thinking Mean?
An upgrade implies a new experience or outcome, which is better than what was available previously. Upgrade your thinking refers to generating new thoughts, which will lead to new actions and new results.
As thought is the starting point of all achievement, in order to reach a new level of success, a person must be willing to upgrade their thinking. If a person doesn’t upgrade their thinking, they will continue to produce results at the same level as they currently are.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your Thinking
When a person upgrades their thinking, it will:
- Expand their awareness or perspective on how they see things.
- Lead to greater confidence and motivation.
- Inspire bigger dreams.
- Lead to new behaviours and actions.
- Lead to more success.
As human beings have a desire for more, by upgrading their thinking, a person will create better experiences in life.