The ability to stay committed to your goals is a valuable skill to have if you want to reach new levels of success.
While setting goals is a simple process, maintaining momentum and progress is challenging if you don’t have effective strategies in place.
Things That Can Affect Your Commitment to Your Goals
The prerequisite to achieving goals is to set goals first. It’s inevitable you will experience challenges as you strive to achieve your goals.
Things that can cause you to not stay committed to your goals include:
- Setting goals that are not meaningful.
- Having too many goals.
- Not knowing why your goals are important.
- Setting goals that will only benefit you.
- Not having a plan or strategies to reach your goals.
Those who have effective ways to stay committed to their goals are more likely to achieve them quicker, without wasted effort.
If you know how to start fresh if you have lost your job, it can save you from experiencing stress and mental turmoil.
In these times of change, the chances of losing a job will continue to increase. Most people will experience a job loss during their working life.
It is beneficial to plan ahead and also have ways to deal with it, when it happens.
There are signs usually, if the possibility of losing your job is real. These signs can include:
- Your employer is going through cost-cutting measures.
- Other employees are given new roles because of a company restructure.
- Sales and profit levels decrease.
- Your employer has been acquired by another company.
- Your employer is about to relocate.
These signs are often out of your control.
If you have lost your job because you have violated a company policy or because of poor performance, that is within your control. You can use such an experience to make a fresh start.
When you know the reasons why you need to have a bucket list, you will want to create one.
Having a bucket list can influence your decisions and what you focus on daily.
What is a Bucket List?
A bucket list contains the things you want to do, experience, own or complete before you “kick the bucket” or before you die. The dictionary defines it as “a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.”
The 2007 movie, “The Bucket List,” with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman popularized the term. Their characters in the movie, who were dying of cancer, made a list of things they wanted to do before they died and spent the final months and days of their lives doing them.
A bucket list can include:
- Places you want to visit.
- People you want to meet.
- Possessions you want to own.
- Projects you want to complete.
- Skills you want to learn.
- Things you want to do because they matter to you.
Once you create your bucket list, you will appreciate the importance of having one, which will also inspire you to achieve them.
To reach new levels of achievement and become the person you want to be, you need to invest in yourself continuously.
Investing in material things such as the share market, property, start-up businesses or managed funds are considered beneficial for long-term wealth or success. Unfortunately, investing in yourself is not promoted as much.
Investing in yourself means:
- Learning new things.
- Taking intelligent risks.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Exploring opportunities to improve your life.
- Setting bigger and challenging goals.
How much you invest in yourself will determine what you experience and achieve in life.
Thing That Prevent People From Investing in Themselves
Common reasons why people don’t invest in themselves include:
- They don’t want to challenge themselves.
- It’s safer to stay where they are.
- They don’t have a learning or growth mindset.
- They don’t know what they want to learn.
- They believe they cannot afford it.
If you want to find out what you are capable of, you need to invest in yourself.
Having your best year will not happen if you do not set the right intentions, have the proper discipline and stay focused.
The desire to have a better year is common among high achievers. To set yourself up for greater success, there are things you need to know.
The Benefits of Having Your Best Year
If you know how to have your best year, you will:
- Achieve what’s important to you.
- Grow your self-confidence.
- Improve your mental, emotional and physical health.
- Challenge yourself to strive for bigger and better things.
- Increase your performance and effectiveness.
- Make a bigger difference or impact.
- Inspire others to improve and also have their best year.
It is usually doing simple things repeatedly that will set you up to have your best year yet.
As the decade of the twenty-tens comes to an end, it is time to welcome in a new decade.
May the twenty-twenties be your best decade yet.
happy new decade 2020
I’d like to thank you for visiting and for supporting my site. I look forward to continuing to add value with new and relevant content related to personal development/growth, productivity, leadership, team building and achievements.
Action Step: Create a vision and plan for the next decade of your life. You can search through my site for resources that can help you create a vision and plan you are excited about.
Question: What are you looking forward to most in 2020?
You can end your decade in a positive way with these free resources.
If you want to set yourself up for more success in this next decade, there are things you will need to do differently.
Step 1: Look back first so you can move forward
This includes completing a review of your year and decade. Here are resources that can help.
- How to Complete a Comprehensive Year Review and Plan Next Year
- How to Avoid the Mistakes You Made This Year Next Year
It’s that time of the year again where we get to take a break, relax and enjoy our time with those that matter most.
I’d like to wish you and your loved ones a joyful festive season.
Have fun and also remember to be safe and kind to others.
Question: What things have you planned for the holiday season?
If you can take advantage of the end of year, you will give yourself a better chance of starting the new year well.
The end of year is usually a time when most people slow down. You can get a head start and set yourself up for a better year if you are intentional about how you use the end of year.
Things You Can Gain if You Take Advantage of the End of Year
The benefits of taking advantage of the end of year include:
- End the year on a good note.
- Prepare yourself well for the new year.
- Identify things you want to do differently next year.
- Feel excited and have something to look forward to.
- Acknowledge and accept things that happened during the year.
How Not to End Your Year
Here are ways not to end your year because you will not set yourself up for better success in the new year.
- Not having an improvement plan.
- Feeling rushed or pressured to meet deadlines that could have been addressed earlier.
- Hoping to have a better year instead of being intentional about it.
- Not identifying what to do differently to achieve new results.
Your ability to take advantage of the end of year will improve your chances of better accomplishments in the new year.
Your ability to advance your mental strength will affect all areas of your life, which includes your mental, emotional and physical health.
With more importance and focus given to mental health now, having ways to improve it is an advantage.
What Does it Mean to Advance Your Mental Strength?
To advance your mental strength means to develop yourself so you are always improving how you deal with your everyday experiences.
If you make your mental development a priority, you will learn ways to improve it and become a better person.
Why is it Necessary to Advance Your Mental Strength?
The main reasons to advance your mental strength include:
- Cope with stress better.
- Increase your self-confidence.
- Have greater clarity on your priorities.
- Know when to say “yes” or “no” to demands placed on you.
- Feel good about who you are and what you are doing in life.
Why is it Challenging to Advance Your Mental Strength?
The reality is most people don’t focus on their mental strength. Common reasons why they find it challenging include:
- Don’t know how to do it or what to focus on.
- Have not learned about the importance of mental health.
- Don’t want to do it because it is uncomfortable.
- Believe it will be difficult to do.
- Don’t have the right support systems.
Developing yourself does not require a lot of time, but it will require sustained focus.