One thing that is common amongst highly successful people is that they all have coaches, either in their personal or professional life.
Sports professionals have coaches, as do entrepreneurs, executives, working professionals and individuals. There are many types of coaches today and they include:
- Health and nutritional coaches.
- Relationships coaches.
- Business coaches.
- Leadership or executive coaches.
- Financial coaches.
- Sales coaches.
- Sports coaches.
It is rare for people to achieve remarkable success on their own. The term “self-made” is often a fallacy because no one achieves anything without either learning from someone or getting assistance from others.
I’ve had numerous coaches and mentors over the years who’ve helped me gain more clarity on what’s important to me. My coaches have also steered me in the right direction when things have not gone well or when I did not achieve a particular outcome I expected.
Although coaches are widely recognised as being valuable, sometimes people may not be aware why getting a coach will be beneficial to them. Here are ten signs that indicate why we should consider working with a coach.
- You are lacking clarity. Lack of clarity often results in lack of progress. When we don’t have clarity, things don’t seem to flow for us and we tend to struggle. Coaches are able to guide clients to clarify what’s important to them through various questioning techniques and processes.
- You are feeling stagnant or stuck. Feeling stuck is not a good place to be because it can affect our outlook on life. A coach can help a client get unstuck by guiding them to create clear visions and set appropriate goals in order to achieve what they want.
- You are finding it hard to stay motivated. We all tend to lose motivation at some point. If we’re not careful, those periods of low motivation can become behavioural patterns which can create serious long-term challenges. Coaches are able to inspire and motivate clients to take action as required.
- Your results have plateaued. Even though we may be doing things to get ahead in life, sometimes we struggle to go beyond a certain level. Coaches can provide clients with different strategies or tactics to have a breakthrough and go to the next level in their results.
- You don’t consistently follow through. Lack of accountability is a big reason why people don’t achieve what they want in life. Coaches are able to work with clients to identify the action steps they need to take to achieve their goals, then hold them accountable for achieving those goals.
- You want fresh or new perspectives. Oftentimes, we get caught up doing things in certain ways because we’ve been doing them that way for a long time, without considering different options. Coaches can provide new insights, ideas or tips to make improvements quickly.
- You don’t have a plan to get to where you want to be. Having clarity on what we want is a great first step but it’s not enough. If we don’t have a plan to get to where we want to be, then it’s highly unlikely we will get there. Coaches work with clients to create a plan relevant to what they want to achieve.
- You tend to procrastinate. Procrastination is often a sign of lack of clarity. When we are clear on what we want and what we need to do, then we’ll be in a much better position to take actions to move us closer to what we want. When working with a coach, procrastination will not be an issue for a client anymore.
- You lack self-confidence. Lack of confidence often arises because we don’t know how to do something. If we lack knowledge, skills or experience to achieve a particular result, we will find it challenging to make progress quickly. Coaches instills new beliefs and self-confidence in clients and challenges them to continually move forward.
- You know you can be doing better than you are. Sometimes we get to a point in life where we know we can be doing a lot better but we don’t know why we aren’t. Coaches can guide clients through a self-discovery process and help them become aware how they can improve.
No matter what stage in life we’re in, there’s always room for improvement. As human beings are naturally programmed for growth, having people to guide us along the way can be extremely beneficial. While there is nothing wrong with not having a coach, chances are we will continue to achieve results at a particular level. Coaches can help us take our lives to a new level.
Question: What could be another sign that indicates we need to get a coach in life?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.