Often, in the pursuit of success, it can be easy to lose sight of what we’ve already accomplished and the successes we’ve had in life.
It’s common, especially in the western world, to be constantly striving for more no matter how much we’ve already achieved.
And since we set such high standards for ourselves and have high expectations for the success we want in life, when we don’t reach those lofty standards or expectations, we may feel disappointed or feel like we have failed.
However, if we stop and reflect, it won’t be hard to come up with a list of many things that are working well in our lives. Some of these things could be those we take for granted like our health, or having a roof over our heads.
15 Signs That Indicate You Are Already Successful
Here are 15 signs that indicate you are already successful in life, which you can appreciate fully and be grateful for right now rather than focusing on what’s not going right in your life.
- You’ve had the opportunity to get formal education.
- You’ve got access to medical care or can go to a hospital if you need to.
- You’re able to get paid in monetary terms for the service you provide.
- You have the choice to eat more one meal each day.
- You’re able to celebrate other people’s successes.
- You have passions you’re pursuing or want to pursue.
- You’ve achieved goals you had set for yourself.
- You have the freedom to choose how you want to live your life.
- You focus on what’s possible and what can be achieved rather than why something cannot be done.
- You imagine a better future for yourself, others and the world.
- You don’t care about what others think of you if you’re going after something you love or something important to you.
- You have a desire to help others in any way you can.
- You have failed in life and those experiences has made you a better person.
- You don’t blame others for where you are in life and can take full responsibility for all your results.
- You have mentors or a support group of friends you can reach out to during challenging times.
When we stop and reflect on our lives, we’ll find that we have many things to appreciate and be grateful for. We’ve all had successes and it’s nice to acknowledge them. The fact you’re reading this right now indicates you’re already successful.
As an action step, create a list of at least 100 successes you’ve had in life. You can write that in a journal or use a free tool like Evernote to keep track of all your successes.
Question: What is a sign you are already successful in life?