Being able to take time out and reflect on our life is valuable, especially as most of us are leading very busy lives.
Whenever we reflect on all the things we have going on in our life, it gives us the opportunity to assess whether what we’re doing is moving us toward what we want or taking us further from what we want.
30 Questions That Will Cause You to Reflect on What You’re Doing With Your Life
Here are 30 questions that will cause you to think about what you’re doing with your life and hopefully inspire you to make choices that will support you in living a great life.
- If I had just one day to live, would I do the things I am about to do today?
- Do I know what my life purpose is and expressing it fully?
- Am I doing my highest value work right now?
- If time and money were not a factor, what would I choose to do with my life?
- Am I living the life I really want to? Why or why not?
- What excuses am I making up for not living the life I really want to?
- Is my way of thinking, feeling and behaving giving me the results I want?
- Am I challenging myself to grow as a person?
- What am I prepared to do differently to make my life better?
- Am I giving more energy to my fears or to my hopes and dreams?
- Am I expressing gratitude for all the things that I do have in life?
- If I reflect back on my last five years, how would I describe those years?
- Is my financial situation where I want it to be? Why or why not?
- What beliefs do I have about money?
- Who are the people I most spend time with?
- Are the people I spend time with supporting and encouraging me to live my dreams or do they want me to stay where I am?
- Am I intentionally designing environments around me that will support me in who I want to become?
- How have I dealt with failure in the past?
- What lessons have I learnt from my past experiences?
- Am I taking care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually?
- When was the last time I did something for the first time?
- What is the one thing in life I am most excited about right now? Why?
- Who are the people who inspire me?
- If I could spend one day with anyone in the world, who would it be? Why?
- What do I want to be remembered for after I am gone?
- What are some new habits I want to develop?
- Do I have a list of 101 goals or dreams that I would like to accomplish before I die?
- What can I do to express my appreciation for the people I have in my life?
- If I had one core message to share with the world, what would it be?
- What do I want my life to look like in ten years’ time?
While there are an infinite number of questions we can ask ourselves whenever we’re taking time out and reflecting on life, these questions are a great starting point.
Block out some time, maybe two hours, and answer these questions. Give yourself permission to make changes in your life if you’re not happy with your answers. It’s your choice to live a great life!
Question: What is another thought-provoking question that will cause someone to think about what they’re doing with their life?