It is quite rare now to meet someone who does not have a smart device.
These smart devices control pretty much everything we do and the apps that are now available seem to be getting better and better.
There is literally an app for everything. There are a lot of apps that will waste your time and there are apps that will help make you more productive.
Here are five time-saving apps worth considering.
- Pocket. We tend to waste a lot of time browsing through various websites and there are times when we come across websites that are interesting but we don’t have the time to go through it. While bookmarking a site can work, there are times when bookmarking can become messy and we lose track of what we thought was important or interesting.
Pocket is an app that solves this problem. With this app , you need to just click on the site you like and the app will automatically download all the content for you to look at later. And the best part about this app is you don’t need to have an internet connection to access the information. Pocket is a free app and is available for both iOS and Android.
- Camcard. If you’re an entrepreneur or business person, chances are you attend networking meetings and exchange a lot of business cards. A lot of time can be wasted entering contact details into your database and it is still a manual process.
Camcard makes the process of collecting information from a business card a lot easier. All you have to do is take a picture of the business card with your phone and Camcard automatically adds the relevant details from the business card into your address book. This makes collating details from business cards so much easier. Camcard is a free app and is available for both iOS and Android.
- Wunderlist. Do you spend lot of time creating tasks and subtasks for your projects? If you’re managing a project, this may may something that is unavoidable. Wish there was an app that could manage all your tasks?
Wunderlist helps you to manage your tasks from any smartphone, tablet or computer. With Wunderlist, you can also keep reminders for all your tasks and subtasks, also known as To-Do lists. You can also share your To-Do lists with others. This is really useful when you have multiple people working on projects. Wunderlist is a free and paid app and is available for both iOS and Android.
- 30:30.The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo. The technique uses a timer to breakdown work activities into smaller intervals, traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by a short 5-minute break. The method is based on the idea that more frequent breaks can improve mental focus and help concentration over longer periods of time.
The 30:30 app incorporates the Pomodoro technique in that you create a To-Do list and set a timer to it. You can choose to break it up into 30-minute tasks, or set your own break times. Once you start the app, it keeps tracks of how long you are working, and manages your breaks and tasks completed. Once tasks are completed, they can be saved or restarted if it is a recurring task. 30:30 is a free app and is available for iOS.
- Snapguide. It is quite common for us to have routines and repeat things regularly. As human beings, we have a need or desire to learn new things, which makes life interesting and exciting.
With Snapguide, we have the option of learning something new and it doesn’t have to take a long time. It could be from learning a new cooking recipe to learning a new home decoration idea. One good thing about Snapguide is that it can be visual with its tutorials and how-to steps. Plus you also have the option to create your own guides and share it with others. Snapguide is a free app and is available for iOS.
The great thing about using apps is they can help you use your time more effectively and make your more efficient, which is what I love about them. These are just five apps worth considering.
Question: How can these apps help you with your productivity? What other apps are worth considering?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.