Our desire to be happy drives most of the things we do in life.
If we’re happy, we’re more likely to:
- Do things that will make a positive difference.
- Make a bigger impact on those we interact with.
- Be in a better frame of mind to make changes to move us closer to our goals.
- Have a health attitude, which will affect what we do daily.
- Have a higher level of self-confidence and self-esteem.
While we may have different ways of pursuing happiness, our intentions are almost always the same — to do things in life that will make us a happier person.
The interesting thing is we’re never really taught how to be a happy person. The idea of being happy in life is something that’s meant to just happen, usually based on our daily habits and the quality of our relationships.
There are always ideas we can learn and apply in order to generate and experience more happiness.
5 Valuable Ideas to Be a Happier Person
- Define what happiness means to you. We have different ways of defining happiness so we have to be clear as to what it means to us. Questions we can ask ourselves to define what happiness means are, “When was I the happiest in life and why?” or “If time and money were not an issue, what would my life look like?” The clearer we are on what happiness means to us, the better our chances of getting it.
- Be part of something bigger than yourself. True lasting happiness is very rarely attained by doing or acquiring things that will benefit us only. Real joy in life comes from giving rather than getting. Being part of a community, movement, cause or initiative is a powerful way to keep ourselves inspired and motivated to make a difference in our communities or the world. Charitable giving or volunteering are easy ways to get started.
- Always be you. Even though this may sound simple, it can be challenging to sustain as we’re constantly pressured to conform or fit in to how others expect us to be. There will only ever be one of us and no one can duplicate or replicate us. Having healthy self-talk via a positive mental attitude is key to being able to accept ourselves for who we are. One way to be true to who we are is to be committed to personal growth.
- Design the right environments around you. It’s highly unlikely we’ll be a happy person if we’re around people who like to whine, complain or blame others for what’s happening in their lives. If we want to be happier, it makes sense to be around people who are happy, supportive, nurturing, caring, inspiring and uplifting. The better our environments, the better our lives will be.
- Focus on your overall health. It’s hard to be happier if we’re not healthy, whether it’s physically, emotionally or mentally. There is a saying, “Nothing looks or tastes as good as feeling healthy.” Our energy levels will be different when we’re taking excellent care of ourselves. Focusing on the fundamentals such as a healthy diet, having an active lifestyle, getting enough sleep and having a positive mental attitude are important if we want to be happier.
If we want to be a happier person, we have to generate happy thoughts and be a happy person. This means doing things that bring us joy, and having greater clarity on our priorities and where we’re heading in life. As we have one life, it’s our responsibility to make the most of it and live the best life possible.
Question: What is another helpful life advice that will make for a happier life?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.