It is always reassuring to know we are moving in the right direction in life. We do things because we want to move forward and improve our lives in some way.
As human beings, we are programmed for growth. We are always seeking more — more happiness, more love, more fun, more connections, more success, and ultimately, more life.
When we are not moving in the right direction, we:
- Don’t take care of ourselves as well as we know we should.
- Feel lost and lonely on the inside.
- Struggle with motivation and getting things done.
- Find it harder to be ourselves when interacting with others.
- Start to lose self-belief and self-confidence.
Knowing we are moving in the right direction can make a big difference in what we do and how we do it.
Throughout my working career, whenever I’ve changed roles or have had a role come to an end, while initially, it may have been uncomfortable, it always led to something better. In order for something new or better to come into our lives, we must first make the space for it.
A good belief to have about life is to accept we are always moving towards something better. There is an old saying, “Everything works out for the best.” While going through a difficult period, it may be hard to really believe that, but once time has passed by, when we reflect back, we often realise that experience was exactly what we needed to go through in order to prepare us for our present reality and for the future.
We’re always receiving clues as to what is best for us but sometimes we may not be paying attention to those clues. Here are five ways to know that what we are currently doing is best for us and we are moving in the right direction.
- You start to focus on the bigger picture for your life. As we gain life experience and acquire more wisdom, we will start to pay less and less attention to trivial things. What may have been interesting to us at one time will no longer draw our attention. Making smart decisions that will benefit us in the long-term is a sure sign that we are clear on where we want to be.
- People find you more attractive or interesting. We tend to be attracted to people who have a healthy attitude and are following their passions. When we are moving in the right direction, there is something different about our energy level. We will find that people will start asking more questions about what we are doing because they’re also interested in doing similar things in life.
- You will receive more insights on how to continue moving forward. We will receive hunches or inklings on what is right and not right for us. Our intuition will be more prominent because our daily choices and decisions will just “feel right.” There will be an innate knowing that we’re on track towards what we want. It is our job to continue to trust our gut and act accordingly.
- You start being more honest with yourself. Even though we know we are moving in the right direction, there will be times when we won’t do our best. We will let ourselves down. The difference is we will be more willing to take responsibility and start changing our attitude and behaviours so that we can continue moving forward. Our visions and goals will challenge us to be the best we can be.
- You are willing to take new risks. The quality of our lives is often linked to the level of risks we’re willing to take, without putting ourselves at risk. When we’re moving in the right direction, our achievements will inspire us to be more bold and aim for bigger things in life. These will create new challenges for us and cause us to grow more as we attempt to achieve bigger goals.
Sometimes the best way to know we are moving in the right direction is only after going through a challenging period. If we can remember that the universe is always conspiring to help us, then any short-term failure should be viewed as temporary. If we keep taking action, we will overcome any challenges we face and continue moving in the right direction.
Question: What is another way to know you are moving in the right direction in life?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.