The ability to find your inner strength during difficult times will determine how you cope and overcome them.
Everyone goes through difficult times, where some events are more intense than others. The ability to find your inner strength will allow you to tap into your true power, which lives within you.
What is Your Inner Strength?
Your inner strength is an internal drive or a deep belief you have. It’s your ability to face whatever life gives you and get to the outcome you want.
It’s a strong knowing that no matter what happens, you will deal with it from a place of strength and power, instead of weakness or timidness.
Why is it Important to Find Your Inner Strength
It’s valuable to find your inner strength because it will:
- Give you the ability to deal with your challenges better.
- Help you get back up after experiencing a failure.
- Develop a higher level of resilience.
- Force you to focus on solutions rather than situations.
- Give you a stronger sense of peace and calmness.
- Allow you to forgive others easily, knowing you can only control the actions you take.
- Enable you to keep going when things get difficult.
As you learn to tap into your inner strength, you will feel more confident in your ability to achieve what you want.
5 Things You Can Do to Find Your Inner Strength
Here are five things you can do to find your inner strength and use it whenever you go through a challenging time.
- Use the power of reframing to your advantage. Reframing is the ability to view an event from different perspectives, to derive a different meaning. Something you may consider as a bad thing can become a new opportunity, if you give it a different meaning.
- Pay attention to what is going on within. This means becoming more aware of what you are saying to yourself and your attitude. If you are not in an empowered state, with a positive frame of mind, you will not deal with your challenges as best as you can.
- Practice responding rather than reacting to situations. Your initial impulse reaction to something or someone might not be the best response. It’s a good practice to pause before taking an action, which can include saying something. Reacting to something will only add to the intensity of the situation, which is not beneficial to you.
- Constantly feed your mind with positive messages. This does not mean to ignore your situation or pretend something is not happening. This is about what you are allowing to dictate your thoughts, feelings and actions. Avoiding negative opinions is important during difficult times. Finding a cheerleader will make a big difference.
- Focus on the small wins. Whenever going through a difficult time, it’s easy to forget what’s going well or what’s working in your life. Having a gratitude practice will make you look at your wins, which will further reinforce your positive, mental attitude.
Your inner strength will influence how you deal with your challenges. It isn’t always easy to find your inner strength. You will have bad days where you will struggle to cope with things.
The key is to accept that difficult times can lead to big breakthroughs, while developing your inner strength. As you gain more inner strength, you will have a knowing you can handle anything that comes your way.
Action Step: Reflect on how you have dealt with the difficult times in your life. Based on what you know now, create a trigger that will allow you to tap into your inner strength. It can be something you say to yourself, a gesture you make using your body or an action you can take.
Question: What are other things you can do to find your inner strength during difficult times?