If you don’t know what this virus code is, chances are it is eating away at your ability to perform and achieve the level of success you want.
Businesses and individuals are facing huge challenge in today’s economy and unless the situation is addressed, more and more people will suffer the inevitable consequence of:
- Loss of productivity
- Loss of effectiveness
- Inability to concentrate and focus
- Lack of commitment
- Lack of persistence and follow-through.
The challenges being faced now are partly due to ignorance, and if individuals can raise their level of awareness, these challenges can be mitigated or eliminated.
So what is this challenge?
Put simply, there are our paradigms! People can be brilliant or effective in one area but totally ignorant in another. Being ignorant means not knowing. There are things we do not know and when it comes to paradigms, they control everything we do.
Paradigms are mindsets. They govern the way we think, act and behave. Paradigms can be likened to a computer’s operating system; they control everything we do.
The difference between a successful person and someone who is struggling lies in their level of awareness. If we are not careful, we can allow our thinking and behaviour to be controlled by our paradigms.
How do paradigms affect us?
- Paradigms give us our sense of balance in the world. They are our model of the world and any information presented to us is put through this operating system. They determine if you perceive a situation to be positive or negative, possible or not.
- Paradigms determine what we focus on. If a person is not careful, it can be very easy to buy into all the negativity that is around us all the time. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “The only thing that can grow is the thing you give energy to.”
- Paradigms determine how we make sense of the world around us. They can keep us stuck in our old ways of thinking, which can be very limiting. Once we develop the awareness and understanding of what paradigms are controlling us, we will be in a better position to make the changes necessary to create the results we want.
If you want to change the results in all areas of your life, you have to change your paradigms.
How can paradigms be changed?
Here are a few steps that you can take right now to start changing your paradigms?
- Write down all the areas in your life that are not exactly as you’d like them to be. The more detail you can give, the more clarity you will give to your mind.
- Now write down the complete opposite for the things you just wrote down. This represents how you would like things to be. Again, write down as much detail as you can.
- Prioritise your second list with the one thing that will give you the most benefit right now as your top priority.
- Time to get resourceful. Ask yourself, ”What needs to happen for me to achieve this outcome I want? What resources do I have currently that can assist me? Who can I reach out to for help?”
- Focus on that goal and take the necessary action steps that will move you closer to achieving your goal.
- Repeat the process for the other things you wrote down.
The key here is to focus only on what you want, not on what you don’t want. The more you can understand how paradigms shape your world, the better your chances of changing them to achieve the results you want.
Question: What are some other techniques that are necessary for effective meetings?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.