Unless explicitly stated, I own the content on this website. It is copyrighted in my name. My intention is to find the appropriate balance between getting my content widely distributed, while at the same time, protecting my intellectual property rights. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “©2018, Neel Raman. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.neelraman.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalises websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalised myself for granting permission.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I simply don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
If you have a specific question about using the content on this site, you can contact me via my Contact page.
Effective as of May 28, 2018