There is an old saying, “People will forget what you say but they will always remember how you made them feel.”
If you want to be known as someone who makes people feel good, be willing to go the extra mile.
To go the extra mile simply means to do more than is required to accomplish a task or reach a goal. Going the extra mile can mean a number of things such as:
- Sending an appreciation note or Thank You card to someone who did a good job.
- Surprising a customer with an unexpected gift.
- Giving someone a compliment for their smile or the way they dress.
- Providing someone a resource for free that will help them accomplish a goal easier and faster.
- Introducing people so they can either network or form new relationships.