The two biggest work challenges most of us have today is lack of clarity and lack of focus, which is why we’re able to get distracted so easily.
With so many opportunities today to get distracted, the new “ability to focus” now is distraction removal. The reality is we’ll continue to have more and more opportunities to get distracted as new technology, applications and devices are introduced.
It’s becoming extremely important for anyone who wants to be highly productive and effective to remove all their distractions.
If we’re not able to manage our work day by removing distractions, we will:
- Take much longer to complete our tasks or projects.
- Work a lot longer than we’d like.
- Not have as much free time to do things other than work.
- Get annoyed or frustrated with ourselves for getting distracted.
- Waste time on unproductive things.
The more we can remove distractions, the more clarity and focus we will have.