Through our daily interactions, we convey to others the amount of self-confidence we have. We do this through our words, body language, behaviours and actions.
We tend to be attracted more to those who display a high level of confidence than those who are lacking confidence. This is even more important in professional situations because those who display a strong level of self-confidence:
- Are more likely to be given new opportunities first, such as job promotions.
- Have a greater chance of succeeding in new ventures or projects.
- Will be able to find solutions to problems quicker.
- Are more willing to take risks to achieve what matters most to them.
- Will attract the right people or resources to help them get to where they want to be.
Who we are and how we show up everyday lets people know the level of confidence we have in our ability to get things done.
Confidence is something that must be constantly developed. It’s very rare for someone to achieve great results without consistently challenging themselves to greater levels of performance and confidence.