Have you ever heard the saying, “You have to be in the right place at the right time?”
Maybe you’ve heard, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know that determines what you get in life.”
The sad reality is that most of us buy into these ideas, which forms beliefs for what’s possible for us. What that does is it limits us in so many ways and most times, we aren’t even aware that we’re limiting ourselves.
At one point in my life, I too had the belief that luck and being at the right place at the right time determined whether I would achieve a goal I wanted in life. Some of the costs for having such a belief included:
- Not being willing to have a go at doing new things.
- Not challenging myself to set bigger goals.
- Not having high levels of motivation.
- Feeling stagnant or stuck.
- Thinking others could achieve great results but I couldn’t.