Our daily demands can easily result in us feeling scattered, which can affect our mental and emotional states.
Unless we manage ourselves well, it can have some significant effects, which also could have some long-term implications.
What Does Feeling Scattered Mean?
Feeling scattered is very similar to feeling frazzled, unfocused, distracted and overwhelmed. Whenever we’re feeling scattered, it’s difficult for us to be present or focus on what we’re doing in the moment.
What tends to happen as a consequence of feeling scattered is that we:
- Aren’t as productive as we can be.
- Take longer to get things done.
- Don’t have a healthy attitude.
- Aren’t as happy as we’d like to be.
Reasons For Feeling Scattered
Some of the reasons why we feel scattered includes:
- Having conflicting priorities.
- Not having a plan to follow.
- Lack of clarity on what needs to be done.
- Having more to do than we can cope with.
The better we can deal with the times when we’re feeling scattered, the quicker we’ll be able to refocus. This will allow us to get back to being as productive as we can.