One thing we always have to be mindful of is our attitude at any given moment. Our attitude largely determines what we experience and the type of results we create in life.
The people we surround ourselves with have a huge influence on our attitude. If we’re usually around upbeat and positive people, we’ll predominantly have a positive attitude. However, if we’re around negative people a lot, they will affect how we think, our emotional state and how we behave.
Negative people can cause us to be pessimistic and not have a healthy outlook on life. If we don’t protect ourselves from negative influences, it can lead to serious consequences such as:
- Frustration when things don’t go our way.
- Complaining, whining and blaming others regularly.
- Reduced motivation to do our best.
- Lack of positive expectancy for the future.
- Slow progress towards what we want in life.
It’s our responsibility to protect ourselves and avoid being affected by negative people.