The extent to which we are willing to accept responsibility for all our results has a significant impact on the quality of our lives.
The more responsibility we take for our results, the greater our ability to make changes necessary to achieve what we want. The word “responsibility” can be defined as our ability to respond in any given situation and in any given circumstance.
When we take more responsibility for all aspects of our lives, we will:
- Be more empowered to make better decisions.
- Focus more on what matters most to us.
- Easily let go of things beyond our control.
- Be a positive influence to those we interact with.
- Not give attention to things we cannot influence or change.
Just like any other skill, our ability to become more responsible can be developed over time with consistent focus and discipline.