There are days when we don’t feel at our best and our energy level is not where we want it to be.
We sometimes feel flat or down, whether it’s due to our daily stresses, or if we’ve experienced disappointment, or maybe we did not get enough sleep the night before.
No matter what our reasons are for not being at our best, if we don’t do something to get ourselves feeling energised again, we will:
- Go through our day with lower motivation and focus.
- Increase the likelihood of making mistakes as we’re working.
- Not produce our best quality work.
- Take longer to finish tasks or projects.
- Feel disappointed because we may not have given our best effort.
There are simple and practical things we can do to re-energise and give ourselves an energy boost, without resorting to choices such as energy drinks, coffee or eating unhealthy foods.