Our ability to stay motivated consistently and take action determines the types of results we achieve.
While it is easy to set an intention for something we’d like to do, have or experience in life, following through and staying motivated to do what needs to be done can be a lot more challenging.
There are numerous reasons why we lose motivation and some of these include:
- We are no longer interested in the thing we were initially interested in.
- We encounter challenges which we don’t know how to overcome.
- We don’t have the support to overcome challenges we face.
- We allow ourselves to get distracted by other things.
- We take on too many things which prevents us from focusing on what really matters.
The reality is that if we want something new or better in our lives, we will be challenged to do things we have never done before, and overcome hurdles or roadblocks along the way.