To know how to calm your mind when you are feeling stressed is a valuable thing to learn and practice.
The lifestyle we’re living today generates high levels of stress which can lead to:
- Mental health challenges.
- Physical ailments or pain.
- Feelings of frustration, overwhelm and fatigue.
- Additional strain or pressure on relationships.
- Slower progress towards our goals.
If we learn how to deal with stress better, we won’t allow our external environments or events to affect us. We’ll be in better control of how we respond to the things we experience daily.
As James Allen, author of As a Man Thinketh, wrote, “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience and of a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought.”