Knowing how to clear mental clutter is a quality that will help us be more productive and operate with the right mindset.
With the pressures and expectations on us daily, it’s not uncommon to experience mental clutter. We have to learn how to deal with it for our overall wellness and sanity.
What is Mental Clutter?
Mental clutter is a state we experience when we have conflicting or increased mental activity.
Common causes of mental clutter include:
- Overthinking things.
- Being in a state of inaction.
- Feeling confused and overwhelmed.
- Not having clear priorities.
- Inability to focus.
- Having too many incomplete things.
- High levels of stress.
- Poor sleep habits.
Effects of Mental Clutter
Not dealing with mental clutter can lead to serious problems. These include:
- Poor levels of concentration, which will cause poor productivity and performance.
- Changes to sleep and eating habits.
- Uncharacteristic behaviours.
- Feelings of sadness, worry or anxiety.
- Slow progress towards the achievement of goals.
If we learn how to clear mental clutter, we will experience increased levels of calmness, peace and happiness in our lives.