The end of the year is often a good time to slow down, relax, reflect and reassess what’s important to us.
The best way to do so is to conduct an end-of-year review, which will help clarify what our focus should be the next year. I’ve previously shared why reviewing our year can set us up for better success next year and how to review your year.
I’ve since learnt that an end-of-year review can be made even more powerful by investing a little more time to complete a comprehensive year review, which serves as a springboard for our next year.
Here are five reasons why it is beneficial to review our year.
- We will get closure on our year, even if some things are still incomplete.
- It will help us to recommit to what’s most important.
- We will give ourselves a greater chance at having a better 12 months ahead.
- We will be able to extract lessons we have learned through the year by reflecting on our experiences.
- It will help us become the best version of ourselves as we strive to continually improve.