Our work environment has a major effect on our mental, emotional and physical well-being. The better our work environment, the better we will perform.
As we spend close to a third of our lives working, it’s important to design our work environment so that it can support us to be at our best consistently. If our work environment is set up the way we want it to be, it can greatly enhance our effectiveness and assist us in achieving what we want faster, easier and with less effort.
If our work environment is not the way we’d like it to be, it can cause us to:
- Feel agitated or frustrated when working.
- Generate unproductive thoughts.
- Use up valuable mental energy focusing on what we don’t like about our work space.
- Take longer to get things done.
- Appear to be untidy or messy to our team members or work colleagues.
Setting up our work environment to enhance our personal effectiveness does not have to be difficult or time consuming.