Those who can deal with a cluttered mind when under pressure have a better chance of making progress.
Knowing how to have a clear mind is necessary if we want to operate at a high level. Whenever we feel we have a cluttered mind, it affects our ability to make good decisions.
What is a Cluttered Mind?
A cluttered mind is the opposite of a calm, focused mind. When we have a cluttered mind, we’ll:
- Experience confusion and uncertainty.
- Have a lot of mental chatter.
- Be indecisive.
- Make poor choices affecting our health and relationships.
- Not keep our agreements and break our commitments.
Causes of a Cluttered Mind
Things that can cause us to have a cluttered mind include:
- Influenced by the opinions of other people.
- Stress or pressure.
- Bad diet.
- Lack of sleep.
- Too many things going on with no prioritisation criteria.
- Lack of exercise and self-care.
- Having a medical condition.
- Being on medication.
Having ways to deal with a cluttered mind will help us ease stress or pressure and handle our responsibilities well.