Being able to deal with, embrace and take advantage of change is vital if we want to design and live the life we want.
The rate at which things are changing is continuing to accelerate, which can generate feelings of discomfort and uncertainty.
Some of the common concerns that’s resulting in higher levels of uncertainty include:
- Will my skills or profession still be relevant in the future?
- Will I have a job or business in a year or two?
- Will I have enough money for my retirement?
- Will I be able to keep up with the changes in technology?
- Will I be able to support my family?
There are many other questions that can be added to the list above depending on our individual situation, however the common theme is change is bringing about a higher level of uncertainty about the future.
How we deal with change is dependant on our values, motivation and vision for the future we want to create.