Whenever we have excessive clutter in our external environment, it will have an effect on all aspects of our lives, most times, in a negative way.
Clutter is a sign we’re not in a healthy mental state and if we continue to ignore the signs, it can lead to:
- Distraction and lack of focus.
- Feelings of overwhelm and despair.
- Lower levels of motivation.
- Lack of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Higher levels of stress or anxiety.
If we continue to tolerate clutter, we’ll use up units of mental energy, which will make it more difficult to consciously design our environments the way we want. The more clutter we can eliminate, the better our chances of creating the results and the life we want.