Knowing how to develop persistence can be the difference between achieving something we want or not.
Whenever we pursue anything meaningful or worthwhile in life, we will face obstacles, setbacks, and even experience failures. How we deal with them determines if we’re persistent.
What is Persistence?
Persistence is the ability to continue taking action towards what we want, despite challenges or struggles. It’s what separates those who are interested in achieving something they want and those who commit to achieving it.
The journey to success can include various setbacks, ridicule, criticism, humiliation or disappointments. How we deal with them determines how persistent we are and if we’ll eventually achieve success.
Why is it Important to Develop Persistence?
Persistence is important because it:
- Tests our level of commitment.
- Supports us in gaining greater levels of clarity.
- Helps us become mentally stronger.
- Allows us to focus on what’s most important.
- Causes us to make better decisions and take more intelligent actions.
The stronger our ability to remain persistent, the greater our chances of eventually achieving what’s important.