Knowing how to get unstuck and move forward is valuable to know because our daily pressures often slows us down.
Feeling stuck can be painful but staying there for a prolonged period is even more painful.
What Does it Mean to Be Stuck?
When we’re in a state of feeling stuck, it can cause:
- Mental turmoil and emotional stress.
- Reduced levels of motivation.
- Lack of clarity and confusion.
- Slow progress towards what we want to accomplish.
- Low levels of positive expectancy or happiness.
Commons Reasons People Get Stuck
There are many reasons why we feel stuck and some of these include:
- Having too many things to do with no clear criteria for prioritising them.
- Lacking self-confidence to pursue something.
- Not believing in ourselves and our ability to achieve what we want.
- Ignoring problems or pretending we don’t have them.
- Comparing our progress or success to others.
- Not having plans resulting in not knowing what actions to take.
- Believing we don’t have the resources to reach our goals.
- Being afraid to fail.
- Criticising ourselves for mistakes we’ve made.
- Doing the same things hoping to get a different result.
Having ways to get unstuck will help us get back into action and move towards the things we want.