It has often been said that first impression is everything whenever we meet and interact with someone for the first time.
The saying, “You will not get a second chance to make a good first impression” still holds true today but there are ways we can recover if we’ve blown our chance initially.
Consider these scenarios:
- Going for a job interview.
- Presenting a business proposal.
- Giving a sales presentation.
- Meeting the parents or family of your significant other for the first time.
- Going to a social or business networking event.
In each of those situations, the impression we make first plays a significant part in whether we achieve our objective or not.
The good news is it’s easy to leave a good first impression and it won’t take much effort at all to get it right.