Most of us want a simple life. We are attracted to simplicity because at our core essence, we are simple beings.
As we have evolved as human beings, we’ve added a lot more complexity to our lives, which has contributed to how we live our lives and the types of experiences we have.
Our desire to live a simple life often intensifies when we have too many commitments and priorities in life. If we don’t consciously simplify our lives, it can:
- Cause us to feel stressed because we don’t have any margin or breathing room.
- Affect our health and well-being.
- Put additional tension or pressure on our relationships.
- Cause us to feel overwhelmed and despondent.
- Result in us not fully enjoying life.