If you’ve ever attempted to do something that you hadn’t done before, chances are you may have experienced discouragement along the way, even of the point where you may have wanted to quit.
There are many reasons why we get discouraged and these may include:
- Falling short of a milestone or goal.
- Under-performing especially when we know we could have done better.
- Getting caught up with too much detail and not knowing how to proceed forward.
- Being around pessimistic or negative people.
- Feeling lonely.
- Thinking we’re not making progress.
- Experiencing a challenge, obstacle or a disaster.