We all experience fear, which plays out in different ways for each person. For some, it plays out as excuses they make for why they aren’t achieving the results they want.
For others, it may play out as justification, being practical or being responsible. Fear can be useful because it helps keep us safe, but all too often, that level of safety becomes our comfort zone.
How Does Fear Affect You
When we give in to our fears, it can:
- Create self-doubt in our ability to do something we’ve never done before.
- Stop us from pursuing our dreams.
- Put additional strain on our closest relationships.
- Lower our self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Lead to regret later on in life.
If we allow fear to control us, it will dictate what we will or will not do. We have to learn to overcome the fears that are holding us back from creating the outcomes we want.