We all deal with situations in life differently. While one person may find a particular situation stressful, another person may be quite comfortable with it.
As a result, how we overcome situations we consider stressful will be different. There aren’t techniques that will work for everyone, which is why it’s good to be aware of different things we can do to deal with stressful situations.
What is Considered to be a Stressful Situation?
Here are some examples of stressful situations. While this may not be a complete list of stressful situations, whether at work or life in general, it’s good to be aware of what can cause stress for others.
- Losing a job.
- Having a conflict with a colleague or team member at work.
- Receiving bad medical news, either personally or for a family member.
- Having financial difficulties.
- Witnessing a crime or being involved in a crime.
- Getting ready or planning for a holiday.
- Losing something valuable.
- Getting engaged or married.
- Offered a new career opportunity.
- Dealing with death of a loved one or close friend.
Each time we experience a situation we deem to be stressful, it’s always helpful to have tools and techniques to be able to cope with them.