There is a saying that we become like the people we spend most of our time with. Therefore, if we want to be more successful in life, then it makes sense to be around people who have already achieved what we want to achieve.
As success leaves clues, it will help us greatly if we connect with those who we aspire to learn from. The benefits of getting highly successful people to mentor us include:
- We will expand our network and circle of influence.
- We will accelerate our own achievement and success.
- We will increase our level of confidence as we will be moving towards what we want.
- We will shorten our learning curve as we will learn from the experiences of others.
- We will be able to share what we learn from them with others.
One thing that may come as a surprise is that successful people are usually willing to share what they have learned via the mistakes they have made or things that made them successful.
The good news is that it is not as challenging as we think it is to be mentored by successful people. There are ways to convince or persuade them to mentor us.