To stay motivated consistently, we must have strategies to prevent inaction if we want to achieve important things.
Inaction or lack of action, will cause us to not complete tasks to achieve the results we want. Most people will go through periods of inaction and how we deal with it, will determine how quickly we can move past it.
What Causes Inaction?
Whenever we fail to take action, common reasons include:
- Conflicting priorities.
- Confusion or lack of clarity.
- Overworked and feeling tired.
- Inability to say “no” to new demands.
- Over-committed and feeling overwhelmed.
- Internal dialogue based on fear of being judged by others or fear of making mistakes.
- Lacking knowledge or skills.
- Low self-confidence.
Unless we have strategies we can use to deal with inaction, we will continue to have low levels of motivation.