We’re constantly dealing with demands in our personal and professional lives from the moment we wake up each day.
We have home demands such as dealing with family needs and getting prepared for work. We also have work demands, which include dealing with customers, team members and colleagues.
If we don’t protect ourselves or set proper boundaries, we can:
- Easily feel overwhelmed.
- Be pulled in many directions which may affect how we work.
- Take longer to complete things.
- Become emotionally drained.
- Perform below what we’re capable of.
What Does Setting Boundaries Mean?
- Saying “no” and knowing how to say it in the right context.
- Knowing when it’s time to work and when it’s not.
- Being clear about our priorities.
- Being able to communicate clearly to others and set the right expectations.
Learning to set healthy boundaries can save us time and help us be at our best more consistently.