Simplicity is very appealing. In our consistently busy lives, most of us are looking for a simple life so that we can have less things to do.
Have you ever stopped to think when was the last time you were actually bored?
We always have something to keep us distracted, from our mobile devices, television, to our computers, social media and the internet.
Having too many things vying for our attention adds to our mental stress and exhaustion, which in turn, makes us less productive and effective.
The idea of getting away and “doing nothing” is very appealing, yet so few people are intentionally taking steps to do it.
When we simplify our lives, we:
- Free up time to dedicate to what matters most.
- Achieve our outcomes faster because we are not being pulled in many directions.
- Are more present and focused on the task at hand.
- Feel more relaxed because we are not overwhelmed with what we have on our plates.
- Tend to be at our best consistently which helps us do our best work.