We have all experienced conflict at some point in our lives. These conflicts may have had a major impact on the quality of some of our relationships, either in a positive or detrimental way.
If conflict isn’t handled well, it can:
- Cause high levels of stress, which can also keep us awake at night.
- Affect our ability to concentrate.
- Lower our self-confidence.
- Destroy relationships beyond repair.
- Result in emotional and financial loss.
Conflict also offers an opportunity to review situations and improve them. No matter how difficult the conflict, it can be made better if everyone concerned is willing to see beyond the current situation and work toward a solution that is beneficial to all.