We all have things we want to get done but sometimes we struggle to do them as quickly or as efficiently as we’d like.
There are different terms we use to describe how we feel whenever we find ourselves slowing down, such as overwhelm, confusion, uncertainty, lack of clarity, mental fatigue and burnout. All of these, in some way, leads to procrastination.
While we all procrastinate from time to time, the danger is if we don’t address that unproductive behaviour, it can:
- Cause us to miss important deadlines.
- Lead us to missing out on new opportunities.
- Lower our self-confidence.
- Prevent us from taking on new challenges.
- Affect the quality of our work.
Whenever we start noticing we are starting to slacken off and procrastinate, the sooner we can address and overcome it, the better off we’ll be.