Even though they can be unpleasant, there are valuable reasons to embrace obstacles to reach your goals.
Whenever we face obstacles, they affect our emotional state. If we have a growth mindset, we’ll view our obstacles as new opportunities.
If we allow obstacles to affect our motivation and commitment to our goals, it will take much longer to achieve them.
What Makes Something an Obstacle?
Obstacles, challenges and problems are often used interchangeably. Obstacles are things we believe are preventing us from achieving our goals. They are based on our assumptions and beliefs.
Signs something is an obstacle includes:
- Making up excuses for not taking action.
- Taking much longer to move a goal forward.
- Not dealing with something we should.
- Wanting to quit on something.
- Allowing ourselves to get distracted by other things.
Most times, when we view our perceived obstacles from different perspectives, we will realise they can become our greatest opportunities.