It’s quite common for us to feel like we haven’t achieved as much as we’d like at times and become a little discouraged.
While it’s normal to question whether we’re on the right path to more success, all it takes is a switch in perspective to realise there are many signs that indicate we can achieve more success.
We all have different definitions of success, which makes it easier to find evidence that we’re already successful and can achieve more success in the future.
Knowing that being successful does not necessarily mean we have to achieve big goals is encouraging because it’s easy to put a lot of pressure on ourselves and set very high expectations.
While having high expectations or standards is valuable, the downside is the additional pressure we put on ourselves can:
- Cause us to not have a healthy work life.
- Affect our physical health and well-being.
- Impact our relationships in a negative way.
- Cause us to miss opportunities around us.
- Make us continually pursue more and more success while never being satisfied.
Knowing how to look for signs that we’re on the right path and can achieve more success is extremely valuable.