The quality of our lives is directly related to the quality of our relationships. The better our relationships, the better our lives will be.
If our relationships are mentally and emotionally exhausting, we won’t be at our best consistently. Some people can mask what’s really going on in their personal or professional relationships, but it often comes at a cost, which may include:
- Experiencing high levels of stress, worry and anxiety.
- Feeling physically tired often.
- Not being able to sleep well at night.
- Displaying behaviour that is uncharacteristic.
- Not being willing to take new risks.
The people we have in our lives affect us in many ways, therefore it’s important we take steps to make sure we are spending time with the right people.