If we look back at the past decade, it should not come as a surprise that things are changing at an increasing pace. Never in the history of the world has there been so many major changes that have influenced our way of living, in a short period of time.
A major reason for the speed at which things are changing is the advancement in technology. Every few months there is something new coming into the marketplace that, in previous generations, would have taken years, if not decades, to accomplish.
In order to keep up with an ever-changing world, we have to be consistently developing ourselves and learning new skills. I know some of the things I was doing, even three years ago, are no longer as important or relevant today.
Those who are not willing to develop new skills will:
- Find themselves being left behind by those who are continually developing themselves.
- Find it more difficult to stay relevant in the workplace.
- Experience more frustration or angst at not being able to do something.
- Lack the confidence to attempt new things.
- Feel like they are stuck or drifting though life.