The ability to stay more grounded, even when things are chaotic, will help create ease and flow in our lives.
Our experiences in life can test our patience and attitude when things are not going well. Knowing how to remain calm and composed will allow us to deal with our challenges in a better frame of mind.
What Does it Mean to Be More Grounded?
From an energetic perspective, being grounded means we’re connected to our source energy. It means we’re connected to the Earth and have a sense or knowing we’re protected.
Despite what may be going on externally, we feel safe, centred and at ease with everything around us.
At a deeper level, being grounded refers to our mental and emotional states. It’s how we choose to be. It’s a way of being.
When we’re more grounded, we’re secure and stable internally, which will reflect how we operate externally. A key to being more grounded is knowing when we’re not.
Signs You Are Not Grounded
There are things we can pay attention to that indicate we’re not grounded. These signs can include:
- Getting triggered by events we cannot change or control.
- Finding it difficult to concentrate on tasks at hand.
- Feeling fatigued constantly.
- Having poor quality sleep.
- Experiencing discomfort, pain or inflammation.
- Feeling spaced out and distracted.
- Having a deep urge to reconnect with our body or do something physical.
- Worrying about things unnecessarily which can cause anxiety.
- Having difficulty communicating what’s on our mind.
- Unable to remain present and be in the “now.”
When we notice these signs, it should be a trigger to change our mental and emotional states.