Having our dreams remain unfulfilled can affect us in ways we may not be consciously aware of.
Our dreams often define who we become and the impact we make in our communities and the world.
The fact that we all have dreams is proof that fulfilling them is an important part of our lives.
Signs You Aren’t Actively Pursuing Your Dreams
As dreams can influence the course of our lives, there are obvious signs when we’re not actively pursuing them. These include:
- Feeling unhappy, stuck or lost.
- Having lower levels of motivation.
- Questioning whether what we’re doing is the right thing for us.
- Finding it hard to be our true selves.
- Lacking passion for the things we’re doing.
- Having feelings of regret, remorse, guilt or disappointment on a regular basis.
- Not allowing ourselves to believe in our dreams.
The Costs of Having Dreams Remain Unfulfilled
Having our dreams remain unfulfilled can be costly and they can include:
- Not fully living or enjoying our lives.
- Just going through the motions or drifting through life.
- Additional strain on our close relationships.
- Missed opportunities.
- Poor mental health and wellness.
There are things we can do if our dreams remain unfulfilled. As Walt Disney once said, “Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”