We all go through difficult times in life and how we deal with them often defines who we are and who we become.
The better we can handle tough times, the better our chances of not letting those experiences slow us down or stop us from making progress towards what we want. As the saying goes, “Tough people are built for tough times.”
The challenge we face is that if we don’t handle the difficult times in our lives well, it can:
- Create unnecessary mental anguish.
- Cause us to have mental or emotional breakdowns.
- Place additional strain on our relationships.
- Cause us physical pain or trigger other symptoms in our bodies.
- Lower our motivation to do the things we want to.
Having reminders whenever we go through a difficult time will help us cope better and also overcome it easier and faster.