Feeling like a failure can do us a lot of harm if we don’t manage our emotional state well.
Experiences that don’t go our way can lead to unhealthy emotions, which can include feeling like a failure.
Knowing how to shift our mental and emotional states is important to have a healthy attitude consistently.
Things You May Say to Yourself When You Are Feeling Like a Failure
If we’re feeling like a failure, it means we’re generating poor self-talk. Things we may say to ourselves include:
- “Things are so hard.”
- “I hate my life.”
- “Why do I keep messing up?”
- “Will I ever get a break?”
- “I can’t do anything right.”
- “I’ve really messed up my life.”
- “Why even bother trying?”
- “I’m such a loser.”
- “I hate myself.”
- “What will everyone say if I fail?”
Consequences of Not Addressing Feeling Like a Failure
Allowing ourselves to feel like a failure for any length of time will have harmful consequences. These can include
- Affecting our relationships.
- Lower levels of motivation.
- Mental health challenges which can lead to depression or anxiety.
- Low productivity and performance.
- Bad attitude or outlook on life.
No one likes to or wants to feel like a failure. We have to learn how to give ourselves a boost when things are not going well.