Sometimes we get so caught up in the daily grind of life, that we seldom stop to evaluate what is really important and what matters most to us. If we’re not aware of where we are heading in life, it can lead to some serious negative consequences.
The practice of reacting to life instead of intentionally designing our lives can lead to:
- Feeling unmotivated and unfulfilled.
- Having lack of clarity as to what we want out of life.
- Not having a purpose behind what we are doing.
- Chasing the wrong things in life.
- Not being happy with where we are in life.
If we don’t know what is important to us, then we can end up going after things in life we think we want or will bring us happiness, but when we do achieve them, it can be very painful to discover that they did not bring us the level of satisfaction we had hoped they would.
So then, how do we determine what is important to us in life?
One way is to first be aware of things we may think are important but are really not.