Most of us, if we’re honest with ourselves, want a simple life. A busy, chaotic life isn’t what we want.
If we objectively question the things we do or the possessions we’ve accumulated, we’ll admit most of them are unnecessary.
We spend much of our lives pursuing things we think are important, but they rarely give us the fulfilment we want.
What is a Simple Life?
A simple life does not mean an easy life. It means:
- Being clear on our priorities.
- Knowing what to give our time and energy to.
- Appreciating the life we have.
- Not pursuing success or wealth to prove something.
- Knowing how to bring the best out of ourselves with what we have.
If we want a simple life, it means removing what’s unnecessary and keeping or adding what’s most meaningful.