When things don’t our way or when we go through challenging times, we may believe life is difficult.
Challenges times can include:
- Facing a health issue, either personally or by someone close to us.
- The loss of a friend or loved one.
- Relationship struggles, either personal or professional.
- Pressure working at a job or running a business.
- Financial difficulties that may generate additional stress.
The Dangers of Believing Life is Difficult
Unless we have a healthy mindset or attitude, holding onto the belief life is difficult can cause:
- Reduced motivation to do the things required to move forward in life.
- Lower self-confidence or willingness to take new risks.
- Emotions of sadness, unease, anxiety, frustration and overwhelm.
- Feeling mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted.
- Additional strain on relationships.
Our experience of life often comes down to our beliefs, the choices we make and the actions we take daily.
Going through challenging times will be something we’ll all experience in our lives. It’s helpful to have reminders or truths we can refer back to, that can get us through those challenging times.